Friday, January 25, 2008

Physical



Hello everyone-
The physical went really well. I was pretty nervous but once I got going I got much more comfortable (TWSS). I was trying to hit my partner's tricept reflex and I hit her funny bone and she started shaking her hand and she let out a yelp. Pretty embarrassing but we both just started laughing. I also had to she her how to do a self-breast exam on a model of two breasts. That was really a good time. I was allowed to use a 3x5 card with notes on it so once I was finished I took a minute to make sure I didn't miss anything and I found 2 things I forgot so that was cool.
I was in a mock exam room in our nursing lab and was being watched through a one way mirror and video taped. Pretty nerve racking. But needless to say I got a 98%! I was graded by a pediatric nurse practitioner, so it was really amazing to get compliments from someone with my dream job.
Jake- post some pics from Puerto Rico. The picture is just an old one from our nursing lab, but I feel it is a bit of a classic.

LOVE Jess

1 comment:

jordanntanner said...

it kinda looks like you're wearing goggles in case she explodes from "hershy squits" on that diaper pad.